Friday, August 4, 2017

100 days of 100 words, day 35: saying thank you to my 22-year-old self

Saying Thank You to My 22-year-old Self


I have come to use the metric of smart-funny-kind to identify the people to whom I'm most likely to feel close, most likely to let in at all.  This is completely subjective, obviously; another person's idea of humor might not match mine.  Smart, funny, and unkind:  no thank-you.  The other permutations represent people who are perfectly wonderful to be around, but the trifecta means we'll probably be good friends. 

Somehow, back when I wasn't always making good choices, I managed to attract a man who is brilliant, gut-bustingly funny, and relentlessly kind.  And I've been with him ever since.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. I love him. I love you. I love you & him together. Yay, for smart-funny-kind!!!!

    ReplyDelete