Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Not pretty. Not pretty at all.

That's me walking out of the room with my fur up, tail twitching, and teeth bared.

No, you haven't done anything wrong.  It's just that pretty much anything you say will result in my mental kung fu and you cut to metaphorical ribbons.

I'm doing an exercise which is aimed at removing past resentments and grudges.  Basically it involves me turning over every stone of anger to see if there's still an evil spirit living underneath.  Turns out there are a lot of them and they have escaped to swirl about in my psychic space.  You come too close and you risk Tasmanian Kristy Devil, no matter how much I try to rein her in.

The other day I pointed because I didn't trust myself to speak.  Apparently even my actions bespoke seething because Keith called after me, "I'm just existing!"  "Me too," I growled, claws clacking.

The goal is not to get these livid genies stuffed back into a bottle.  My job is to pet down their fur and let them curl up somewhere, preferably together so they can stay warm and not feel the need to bother me again.  I will get there.  I don't really need them anymore.  Of course, that just pisses them off even more and they ramp it up because feeling unwanted and unneeded makes them....ANGRY!

Okay, y'all:  Once you were needed and useful.  You have done your job.  It's okay to retire, get a little soft.  Hey, maybe you could do a second act as a somewhat kooky aunt or a lovable but eccentric neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment