Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Answering Email

Keith was complaining about how much email he gets, specifically requests for letters or reviews or to speak. He decided to give Owen a chance to answer a few for him. (Specifics have been changed--Owen's answers are verbatim.)

Keith: Owen, can I give a talk on May 25?

Owen looks up from his coloring: That's not possible.

Keith: What if they pay me 500 pounds?

Owen: Well, that's an okey-dokey then!

Keith: Can I give a talk in California right after we get home?

Owen: That's silly!

Keith: Can I go to a meeting in June in Cambridge?

Owen: That's not possible right now.

Keith: What if they pay me a dollar?

Owen:  That doesn't make any sense.

Keith: What if it's important to me?

Owen: Well, that's up to you then. Why are you asking me?

No comments:

Post a Comment