Friday, March 9, 2012

Nighttime scene

Setting: The boys' bedroom at night. Owen, 5 year old twin in top bunk. His brother Lionel in bottom bunk. Enter: Mommy.

L: Ow, ow, ow, ow! My whole body is hurting.
M: Let me feel your head. Oh my. You're burning up. I'll be right back.
Mommy leaves, then returns with medicine and a cloth.
L: My body hurts from head to toe.
M: Here. Drink this. It will help you feel better.
O: I'm trying to sleep up here.
L: When will this ever stop?
M: The medicine will take a little time to kick in. Let's cool you off with this cloth.
O: Quiet please!
Mommy places cloth on Lionel's forehead.
L screams: Too cold!
O: Can I please get some peace and quiet?
M: Okay, okay. Just a little bit at a time.
L: Why is this happening?
M: You have a fever. It will go away in a little while.
O: I can't find Beary.
L: My ears are hot.
M: Let's put the cloth on your ears, just a little bit.
L: Ow, ow, ow, ow.
O: Beary? Beary? Where are you?
L: I'm tired now.
M: Okay, get some rest. I'll leave this cloth with you. Night night.
L: Night.
Mommy leaves.
O: Wait! Mommy! Beary's ears are hot.

And, SCENE! Well that would be nice. Actually the scene continued with such tiresome tropes as "I have to pee"; "How long until morning?"; "I need a drink"; "please neaten my blankets" and the ever popular "I have to tell you something."

2 comments:

  1. Owen just wanted some peace and quiet. Takes me back to me and Scotty! Who first said 'neaten my blankets'? that's cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember who made the blanket comment. They both say that at bedtime. Yeah, reminded me of sharing a bedroom too. For Owen, everything goes back to Beary one way or another....

    ReplyDelete