Friday, March 16, 2012

Lonely

Things have changed a lot. One doesn't have to use cables. One doesn't have to wait weeks or months for a letter to appear from overseas. There is email. There is facebook. And still I feel lonely.

It's not just the voice on the line, although that is important. Right now, it's about actual alone-ness. Wait, I take that back. In reality, I am very rarely alone. Walking down the street with a boy holding each hand I hear stereo conversations while also dodging pedestrians, navigating, and avoiding traffic. At home with the boys it's a run of Uno, Go Fish, War, Concentration, and coloring. Keith has been working a lot---gone all day and home for dinner. This should change in the coming days although he does also have a couple of trips planned. Love my boys, but miss grown-up conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment